And Outside The Rain Fell...

Just another blog. In many ways. Not a medium where I can express myself, blah blah blah. It's a blog. I'd like it to be a photo-blog. And that's that.

And Day 3.

Today was bound to be packed. Morning started off with me coughing violently and a slight fever. Don’t worry if you are reading this, I’m all great. Nevertheless, I was to open a bank account in France, and armed with the documents and quickly revising my French, I stepped into the nearest branch of Societe Generale. I surprised myself with my French, and the bank manager was a kind chap who could as much English as I French. A half hour procedure, two signatures and an invitation to visit India later, I had a bank account!

Heading back home, I followed the morning’s bread-jam breakfast with a Khichdi lunch. We were to go to Norway tomorrow, but we are not getting reservations currently. So, for now, it’s stalled and we are exploring Paris tomorrow!

A brisk walk to class later, I was attending 3 hours of an arduous “Financial Analysis and Strategy”. It was Prof. Ramesh Gupta revisited, and that can never be fun.

I finally got my course allocated, which meant that I was going to attend another 3 hour course. Now, this professor, well, he was superb! He was ebullient, brimming with energy, spoke a lot of sense, and had a quirky US humour. Coming into class dot on time, I got the front row seat, and looking at a towering 6.4” man from that angle is never funny. He was raining spit too, but I thoroughly enjoyed his class.

We came back home switching 4 metros! Line 3 to 5 to 7 to 8. And then we hopped on to Carrefour and picked up bread, a bottle of milk and orange juice.

At home, we treated ourselves to the last vestige of lemon rice in the near future, and I don’t plan to do much now. Off to sleep. Need to get well soon again.

Tah!

P.S. The power suddenly went off. This will be a night spent in darkness, but we are all quite exhausted, so I don’t think it matters too much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment