And Outside The Rain Fell...

Just another blog. In many ways. Not a medium where I can express myself, blah blah blah. It's a blog. I'd like it to be a photo-blog. And that's that.

Finally. A day that actually had me bored. Terribly, terribly exhausted, walking through the city of Vienna as if in a trance. Actually falling asleep once while walking (and not the other way around). Missing a train. Getting cold in the rain. Throngs of people everywhere. The museums closed. Getting separated from the rest of the gang. A broken handbag. And a sea of tiredness.

I'm writing this a whole day. And looking back, it wasn't that bad a day after all. Even i only removed the exhaustion from the picture, it was a rather great day.

The Austrian Republic Day. Army exhibitions with a great deal of fanfare. Sleeping on cool grass in the middle of the busiest town square for over a i-don't-remember-how long. An almost eerie cathedral. Beautiful a la Bangalore pitter-pattering rain in spurts throughout the day. A grandiose museum square. The absolute yummiest chocolate wrapped wafers I've eaten. A museum for films and impressionism. A long, long walk with PritS, silent for the most half, anecdotes for the rest. Pretty cups. Deep sleep once in train, almost surreal, with the effect that at one point i wasn't sure if i was dreaming about such a day in Vienna or was it for real.

See, now that I think of it, now that i remember it, the day was beautiful. Absolutely. Yet add a week's tiredness to it and everything gets so bleak, distorted and dark.

Well rested, I can recollect massive Gothic Cathedrals, a blend of the old and new in the museums. Immensely awesome Royal Palaces. The Blue Danube which I never saw. A train missed, as we travelled all across Vienna.

I think things were just not meant to be when it came to Vienna. Not this time. Another time? Another year? Another person? Probably. I'll leave that hanging.

Oh. And we saw apna India wala Cafe Coffee Day in Vienna. Occupying prime property. At prime prices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment